Friday, October 12, 2007

VIVA! band camp!!1












Hi.

I will write about the first day of my wonderful band camp!



TUESDAY, OCTOBER 9


10:30am Gr.12 Band students load truck

(Grade10, grade11 and choral students took classes till period 2. I am in grade 11, but I am taking band30 too. So I helped loading truck. We carried about 200 students' luggage and sleeping bags, so I was a little tired)



11:40am All campers get their instruments and put them on the truck

12:15pm Load buses.

12:30pm Bus departs. Bag lunch on bus


1:45pm arrival at camp


(Actually, I guess we arrived there after 1:45am...)


And we carried luggage and sleeping bags to the lobby.

It took long time, so we were gonna our own rooms and have a break for one hour, but we couldn't.

As soon as we left our luggage to our own rooms, we had to set up rehearsal spaces.


3:00pm Set up of rehearsal spaces

(We had four rooms to play instruments or sing. For Gr.10, Gr.11. Gr.12 band and choral. We sat up chairs and music stands then)



3:30pm I joined "Symphonic band" practice.


4:30pm All campers meet in gym

Ice breaker activity hosted by Gr.12's

(We separated about 10 groups at random, then we played games to know each other.)


5:50pm supper


6:30pm announce of the formation of small ensembles and rehearsals

(Teacher divide some groups(According to last name). And we got a easy music. We had to perform in front of people by using this music the second day. Anything we like. I will tell you about that the next article)
7:30pm Don Berner Jazz Concert
(We listened to some Jazz music there)
8:45pm free time
(We could watch a movie, play at the pool and so on. I took a shower then and spent time with my friends(talking!))
10:00pm snack
10:45pm must be in our own room
11:45pm chaperons check
11:30pm lights out
I went to the bed on time. I guess.hahaha This was because my roommates and I were tired.
To be continued....
*noma*

No comments: