Monday, October 8, 2007

a wonderful weekend*

Hi.
This weekend was a wonderful weekend!
On Friday night, Mai, my friend, came to my house and slept over.
I have a double bed in my room, so Mai and I slept on the same bed.
My host mom asked us, "Do you want the air mattress?"
However, Mai said, "We can sleep on the same bed"
So I was like, "I don't care"


On Saturday, I had my birthday party at my house.
All of my Japanese friends came here.
I invited Alex too, but she had the church event, so she couldn't come.
Anyway, I had a good time.

First, we watched a movie together.

After watching it, we had a cake.
My host mom made a birthday cake again for me, and everyone sang a song for me.
After they sang a song, my Japanese friends gave me presents!
They gave me "The sound of music" 's music book and CD.
I love this movie a lot.
My friends knew that, so they bought them for me!
I was happy to get them.


After eating cakes, we went to MIKADO(Japanese restaurant) for supper.
(We went there by bus. This picture was taken at the bus stop)
My Japanese friends paid money for me, so I didn't have to care about money!hahaha
I ate BENTO.

It was so good I was so happy to have Japanese food. Thanks, my friends!!!!!!
On Saturday night, Mai slept over at my house again.
Before sleeping, my host dad said to Mai, "You can make a international call to Japan with these machines if you want"
My host family has good machines to call foreign countries.
It is soooo cheap.
2 cent/ 1 minute!
I bought a prepaid card in the airport for $10.
I could call Japan for 43 minutes with it.
However, if I use my host family's machine, it costs only 86cents to call Japan for 43 minutes.
How cheap!
Why don't I use?
Anyway, Mai wanted to try it, so finally, she called Japan.
Her Japanese family was surprised at her unexpected calling, I guess.


On Sunday morning, Mai's host grandma picked her up and she went to her host uncle's house.


On Sunday, we didn't go to the church because of "general conference"
We can watch "General conference" on TV.
So my host family went to my host mom's parents' house to watch it.
Then, we stayed there all day because we was gonna have "Thanksgiving" supper there.

My host relatives came there for special supper.
My host aunt who always makes fantastic icing cakes made "pumpkin pie" for thanksgiving day.

After supper, my host grandparents prepared sweets(pumpkin pie).
Then they started putting some candles.
And they said, "Let's sing a song for Mari! Because her birthday was last Thursday"
I was surprised. What??
Then, they started singing and I blew out candles.(17 candles)
My host grandparents gave me presents.
I was happy to get them. Thank you!

After having dessert, we played cards.
This game is so fun. I wanna buy here and bring to Japan.

At 8:30pm, we left their house and I went to MariO's house to sleep over with my friends.
We watched two movies. They were good.
Finally, we could go to bed at about 2am.

Today, we got up at 10:30 in the morning.
Then, we ate breakfast + lunch at noon.

I left her house at 4pm.
I had a great time there.

As I told, I had a wonderful weekend.
I hope I can have like that weekend again!

Tomorrow, I am gonna go to the band camp.
My host mom prepared some snacks for me.
I am excited to go there.
I hope I can have a good time. No,,, I MUST have a good time!!!

*noma*

No comments: