Saturday, July 21, 2007

I tried making icing cake

At my host mom's brother's house, I tried making icing cake.

My host mom's sister-in-law asked me, "Do you wanna try making icing cake while you are staying here?"
I answered "Yes!"
And she said, "Please think about design by tomorrow!"
However, I had no idea about that.

On July 9th,I had, my friend, Eri's birthday party at her house.

So I suggested to her, "I wanna make a birthday cake for her"

I wanted make "Japanese" icing cake, so I said to her,"I wanna make cherry blossom's cake!"

So we saw many pictures of cherry blossoms on the Internet and composed design.




On Saturday night, we made cherry blossoms.


It was pretty hard to make suitable color.


My host mom's sitser-in-law doesn't know cherry blossom well. So I had to check the color which she made.

Needless to say, we have to make not only icing but also a cake!

We made two chocolate cake and decorated them.

First, I cut cakes half.













And put on chocolate icing.























And put on another chocolate cake.





I chose green icing for back ground because it means "green tea"










So I put on green icing.

And rolled icing so that they would be flat.


Let's decorate!!




Yeah!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice job, Mari. Your cake is very impressive. It must have taken a long time to make. By the way, my birthday was July 14th. Please send me a cake! Ha ha...

NOMA's information from CANADA! said...

Hi, Brian.
Long time no see!
Yes. It took a long time.
About...2days?
However, I had fun!
Oh, your birthday is July 14th!!
I knew that!!
I am sorry, as you know, Japan is pretty far from Canada.
So I cannot send cakes to you...hahaha
Thanks for leaving your comment!
See ya,

*noma*