Tuesday, June 26, 2007

icing cake



Hello, how are you?


Today, I was tired. I don't know why...

So I had a nap for 4 hours...


After having a nap, I went to my host mom's parents' house to see a cake.

Can you see a picture?

Can you believe it is handmade??


My host mom's brother's wife is good at icing cake.

She often makes icing cakes whenever we have events.

I was really impressed by her work every time.


Sadly, cakes are here to eat, so we ate this cake today.

It was a chocolate cake!


My host family is going to family camp in the beginning of July, but I won't go there together because I have to go to my summer school.

So I have to stay with someone while they have camp.


My host mom's brother's couple undertook my second host family, so I will stay with them from July 6th to July 15th.

They said to me, "You will eat cakes as breakfast, lunch and supper while you stay with us!"

Of course, it is a joke, but she likes making icing cakes.


Icing cakes is famous in Canada, but it is not famous in Japan.

If I have a chance to make it, I wanna try!


Bye,


*noma*

No comments: