Friday, June 15, 2007

The last day

Hello. How are you?

Today, classes were over. I will have summer vacation from tomorrow!!!!

I made paper dolls for my teachers. (Food studies, math, art, music and CALM)



Yesterday, I finished taking CALM.

Career And Life Management= CALM

We studied about social problems(overweight, sexually etc) and career(resume, portfolio etc).

I can't take subject like CALM in Japan, so it was fun for me.

There are only one CALM class in my school, so there are not only grade 10 but also grade

11 and 12.

So I could make grade 11 or 12 friends!!

I made the autobiography, portfolio, resume and so on.

It was different from Japanese way, I think. ( I have never tried to write portfolio etc. in Japan...)

I had a good time in CALM class.

I wanted to take pictures with my CALM teacher, but she was busy yesterday, so I took pictures with only all classmates.

My CALM teacher is a funny person, and I like her.



Thanks, Mrs. Lonegan!



And yesterday, my food studies' teacher said to students, "Please bring some handmade sweets tomorrow."

She meant we mustn't buy sweets.



I had no ideas because my host mother isn't home now( She is in America with her friends)



I asked my host father and he said to me, "Grandma will help you!"



We went to grandma's house and she helped me to make sweets.



We made "apple pie"



It was very very good! And I brought it today.



However, nobody brought any sweets except me.



It was voluntary... "IF YOU CAN!!"



I was very surprised but everyone liked my sweets, so I was happy.



And my food studies' teacher said to me, "Thank you very much, Mari"



I appreciate grandma very much!!



After today's food studies' class, we took pictures!

*with Mrs. Fenton who is my food studies' teacher
We made many foods,(spaghetti, pizza, cookies, pan cakes, french toast, taco and so on)

Specially, when we learned about world foods, we also leaned about Japanese foods.

It was so fun for me.

Some classmates were interested in Japanese foods!

Food studies is one of favorite classes for me. Thanks, Mrs. Fenton!

Period two, I took math every day.
My math teacher is man.


He also goes to church every Sundays like my host family

However, my host family goes to church from 11 a.m to 2 p.m and my math teacher goes there from 1 p.m to 4 p.m.

I mean we cannot always meet at church each other.

I sometimes saw him and his son.

They have the same face!! It is funny for me.

I learned liner function, trigonometry, number patterns and so on.

However, I learned those things in Japan already, so it was easy for me.

But, of course, questions sentence are in English, so it was difficult for me...

Some friends helped my math homework.

I really appreciate them!!

Anyway, taking math was good for me. Thanks, Mr. Dakleck!



At lunch time, I ate a hamburger.

I bought it at cafeteria.

Buying hamburger is the first time for me.

Today is the last day, so I bought lunch.

It cost 2.75$. I think it is a little expensive...

Anyway, it is a special day for me, so I tried buying hamburger!!!

It was delicious!!



Period 3, I took art.

Eri who is my Japanese friend tool art with me.

At art class, we tried oil pictures, clay, likeness, and so on.

As you know, I took art every day, so I could try many art techniques.

Sometimes, we went outside and drew pictures.

My art teacher, Mrs. Lee is very cheerful.

I like her.

And sometimes, we had to do art homework.

Explain what hatching and cross hatching, drew comics, search artist and explain about him and so on.

It was very hard for me but it was good English study!

I enjoyed art class very much. Thanks, Mrs. Lee!!





Period 4, I took music class.

I can play the trumpet so I played the trumpet in music class.

I joined one concert and enjoyed it.

I wore black pants, white shirts, black tie and black shoes.


Someday I will show you my music clothes.


We practiced some songs and really enjoyed it.

Music is everywhere, so even if I can't speak English, I can enjoy music!

It's very good isn't it??

I wanna recommend everyone "Please try some instruments!!"

Music class is very fun!!

My music teacher, Mrs. Brill was kind to me.

Thanks, everyone!!


I could finish semester 2 today safely.

It was hard but it was a very very very good experience for me.

I will go to summer school with Japanese friends in summer and after that, I will go to school again.

I will enjoy summer vacation!!!


*they were waiting for their bus after school.


HAVE A NICE SUMMER!!!

love,


*noma*


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow Mari, you are writing a lot in your blog. I'm very impressed. It sounds like you're having a great experience in Canada so far. Your life sounds exciting. I bet all your friends in Japan are jealous!! Have a great summer vacation.

Hiroka said...

This is Hiroka.
I'm very fine.
Rumi, too.
How about you?
It seems to be cheerful.

I can't speak English.
You will think my English to be strange.
But forgive me.
I write it hard now.
I want to write it by a Romaji.

This is nice Blog.
I have a look at it well.
Though I can want to write it still more....

I write it again .

Have a great summer vacation.

see you.

Hiroka said...

Sorry.

I look Chiemi and Chiho's comments now.
I became very ashamed.
What did I do for this one year?
I study English very hard from Today.

Look me!!!!!

NOMA's information from CANADA! said...

To. Hiroka,

Thanks for your comments.
I am very glad you left ENGLISH comments.
Don't be afreid writing comments in ENGLISH.
I can understand what you want to say.
If you can, please leave comments more!!
And say hello to RUMI!!
LOVE YOU!!

To. Brian sensei,

Thanks for your comments again.
How's your Kan-chu life?
Are you enjoying it?
As you know, Saki will have an entrance examination in March, so please teach English hard!!(HAHAHA)

Thanks,

*noma*