Monday, August 6, 2007

Heritage Festival3

Hello.

Today, I went to the last day of Heritage Festival.

Today is a holiday in Canada but I didn't know that bus schedule is Sunday schedule on holiday.

So I went to the bus stop at 10:45a.m but the bus didn't come.

Finally, the bus came to the bus stop at 11:30a.m.

I was a little shocked, but I got there on time. It's ok!

First, I ate lunch!

I tried eating a spring roll at Taiwan booth, an apple filled pastry at German booth and a gogosi elephant ear) at Romania booth.

About an elephant ear, it looks like elephant ear, so it is called "elephant ear"

It was huge, so I couldn't eat all.





After that, I helped cooking and selling Japanese foods.

Today was also nice weather, so many people were there.

And many volunteers helped.
Almost volunteers were from Japan.

I met some Japanese boys from Nagoya international school.

They were not so good boys. I was a little sad to see their behavior.

I didn't know what Nagoya international school, so after I came back home, I checked that school's homepage.

I guessed the boys were so rich and it must be a private school.

It was correct.

I worked with two men.

One of them goes to the university here and another person is his friend.

They are from Nara.

His friend is going back to Japan day after tomorrow.

He came here to see his friend on holiday.

And he gave me Japanese candies! I am happy!

However, it is "a once-in-a-lifetime chance"(ICHI GO ICHIE)

I hope I can meet them again in the future because they were nice!

It was a very good experience for me to help Heritage Festival.

I want to go there every year because it is a fun festival!

I will attach some countries performance pictures!

Japanese performed "SO-RAN BUSHI"

Many people were interested in it.











2 comments:

joshua said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

LOl.
I went to Nagoya International school. People are a bit snobish but nice do. I was lucky I could go there.
I live in Colombia now.