Saturday, August 11, 2007

Why do Japanese people eat octopuses?

Hello.
Today, I will tell you the story between me and my host father.

At Heritage Festival, we sold TAKOYAKI.
I explained what TAKOYAKI is to my host father.

Father: I watched a movie of an octopus on YouTube.
Even though it was cut, it was still moving.
Me: Oh, yes.
Father: Why?
Me: Because it is still alive.
Father: WHAT?? Do you eat moving octopuses??
Me: Yes.
Father: Is it still moving in your mouth?
Me: Of course!!
Father: Are you kidding me? What is its taste like?
Me: Nothing!?
Father: o....okay.
It is still alive and it is moving in your mouth.
Also, it doesn't have taste.
Why do you guys eat octopuses??
Me: ..... I don't know....

Hey, Japanese people!
Why do we eat octopuses?
I have no ideas about that.
I cannot say "Because it is delicious!" because I don't think it has taste.

One day, my host aunt who is good at making icing cakes asked me, "What kinds of cake do you want on your birthday?"
Then, my host father answered, "Maybe she wants an octopus cake!"
No way!!!hahaha

See you,

*noma*

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Noma*
Long time no see!
How are you doing?
Our school is in on August 27, and I am gonna start playing volleyball on this Monday! I am excited, but the practice takes for 4 hours, so I am also a little nervous....I am not so tough! Are you excited to go back to school? Of course I am, but I have some anxiety, which is how much I can listen to fast English of classmates, and how much I can talk well. Time is going so fast! We are all fine, and I am glad you enjoyed a special festival! I should have been there....! Now, I am looking forward to seeing High School Musical 2 so much* I got the first one's CD at last, and it is so good! I was surprised Shota also bought this one. How are you guys doing now? Have a great time rest of your summer, and I love you!

Aya

p.s. Oh, I don't think octopuses(Is the spell correct?) have taste, but I like it anyway*

Thank you!

NOMA's information from CANADA! said...

Hi, Aya.
I am fine, thank you.
Thanks for your comment. I am so glad you are still coming to my blog.
My school will start on September 4th. Yes, of course, I am looking forward to going back to school.
However, I have the same anxietes as you.
You always say, "Let's believe!"
So let's believe!!
I will take "World History" from September. So I have to do my best about learning words by heat.
Yes!!! I am really looking forward to watching High School Musical 2 too!! It is on August 17, right?
I will go to Megumi's house with all of Toyo students to watch it.
We will cook supper there and eat.
Before cooking supper, we will watch High School Musical 1 again!
It is an awesome plan, isn't it?
I am surprised and glad Shota bought HSM's CD.
Is he looking forward to watching HSM 2, too?
Anyway, have a wonderful summer!
I love you, too!

*noma*